Self care is something that is often overlooked in today’s world. We all get so busy and wrapped up in work, family, and social life that we often forget to save some time for our selves.
I know you probably hear this all the time, but self care is SO important. Not only will it make you feel great, but it will also make you more productive and just happier in general.
Self care doesn’t need to be a whole week that you set aside to be alone and wear robes 24/7(although it totally can be). I find that the self care tips that are the most effective are the ones that I can incorporate into my normal daily routine. I’ve compiled a little list of my favorite self care tips that I try to practice as often as I can, and I hope you get as much out of them as I do!
- Eat healthy
- Sleep more
- Exersize in a way that you find fun
- Do a face mask
- Take a bath
- Take yourself on a lunch date
- Take a walk in nature
- Write in a journal
- Take a class you’ve always wanted to take
- Practice yoga
- Get a massage
- Splurge on something you’ve wanted to buy for a while
- Sit in a park alone
- Take a drive and blast your favorite music
- Clean your room
- Start a garden
- Get dressed up and do your makeup-just for fun
- Read a self help book
- Take a shower with relaxing music
- Bake a cake
- Go to a craft store and find a new hobby
- Draw or paint-even if it sucks
- Start a gratitude journal
- Drink plenty of water
- Take yourself on a coffee date
- Take your dog for a walk
- Donate your old clothes
- Take a moment to write down all the things that make you happy
That’s all for today folks! I really hope you enjoyed! Remember, you can make your own self care routine. It is definitely different for everyone and although my tips are a great starting point, be sure to make it your own!
CONNECT WITH ME